- Obstetric condition. This is mainly the condition of pregnancy. Hair loss in pregnancy is a common problem that women have to contend with. It mostly occurs after delivery.
- Gynecologic reasons. Hair loss occurs in women in the post-menopause period. This is because of changes in hormones.
- Thyroid disease. Any disease that affects the thyroid gland affects the activities of hormones, leading to hair loss.
- Stress. Stress can result from several factors. This has a devastating effect as it leads to hair loss as hormones are affected.
- Nutrition. Poor nutrition leads to the body not getting vital nutrients, vitamins and flavonoids that are necessary in the development and sustenance of hair. Lack of iron in particular leads to both anemia and loss of hair. Products like Nisim Newhair Biofactors and Profollica are meant to address this type of hair loss.
- Lupus disease. This is a skin condition where several parts of the skin are destroyed. This can be because of different causes. The condition is characterized by patulous follicles, adherent scales, telangiectasis and atrophy. This condition is common on the nose malar regions, fingers, the scalp and cause serious hair loss.
- Therapies. Radiation and chemotherapies cause hair loss. This happens gradually after the radiation sessions and may be permanent.
Hair loss that occurs as a result of these medical causes are in most cases permanent and irreversible. However, the hair loss can be effectively managed and one remains comfortable. While some can be managed effectively in the salons, others, such as hair transplant will require specialist intervention.