Folexin Review – Will This Stop Your Hair Loss Once and for All?
Everyday, we lose around 50 strands of hair and this increases somewhat as we age. Sometimes, people will lose a lot more than that, and they start losing hair when they are quite young as well. There are numerous reasons for this, many of which are biological, but it is believed that our increasingly polluted atmosphere is making it even more prevalent. Many people have simply had to accept that they were losing their hair, which very few have wanted to do. The result is that there has been a demand for products to combat this, and the market has responded. So much so, in fact, that there are now so many products out there that it can feel quit overwhelming to choose one that actually works. One of the products you may have come across is Folexin. It is a product that has been highly reviewed by many people who all agree that it has helped them stop their hair loss. Let’s take a look at what this product is all about.
What Is Folexin?
It is a product that is marketed on the basis of being 100% natural, using a scientific breakthrough in the world of hair growth. It is based on key ingredients that have all been mentioned on the Dr. Oz Show, the Mayo Clinic, and WedbMD. The product is a supplement that targets men of all ages and any background. It is a professional treatment that has helped thousands of men the world over. Interestingly, although it was designed for men, women have also said that they were able to benefit from it. It targets all forms of hair loss, regardless of whether it is caused by genes, health, or the environment.
According to the manufacturer, Folexin has been designed to enhance and promote hair thickness and hair growth, making it healthier overall. It is a dietary supplement that also stops hair from falling out. It is able to achieve this because it contains Biotin, which has been scientifically proven to make the cortex, which is the hair shaft’s thickest layer, more elastic and stronger. The product also claims to have very rapid results, while at the same time improving not just strength and health of hair, but also of skin and nails.
The formula is available without prescription. It can be used for nutrient deficiency and to simply strengthen hair and stop it from falling out, but it also gives it protection from outside elements. These include heating irons, and also things like chlorine and the sun. These are all common reasons for people to suffer hair loss, although hormonal changes and genes can also lie at the heart of it.
A bottle of Folexin contains 60 tablets. At two tablets per day, this means that you will receive a month’s supply. It is recommended to take one pill around lunch time, and the second one in the evening, with a glass of water. It is also most suitable for those who have only recently started to lose their hair. Hence, if you find that your hair is starting to become thinner, your hairline is receding, or you are starting to go bald, then it may be time to start taking this supplement.
As previously mentioned, the product was originally designed for men. However, it is equally safe to use for women. Hair loss in women is a much-overlooked condition, and Folexin is breaking the mold by supporting women as well.
Supplement Facts and Ingredients
Folexin contains very powerful, 100% natural ingredients that will help not just make hair stronger, but also improve overall health. There are two key ingredients in the supplement:
- Biotin, or vitamin B7, which is one of the body’s soluble vitamins. The body absorbs it, which leads to better health of the follicles, hair, nails, and skin. Essentially, it improves overall appearance. Vitamin B7 is found naturally in avocado, berries, legumes, meat, and eggs. People with a B7 deficiency usually experience depression, fatigue, hair loss, dry eyes, and skin rashes.
- Folic acid, which is vitamin B9. This has been shown to improve cell development and growth. People who lack folic acid often experience premature baldness, as well as a range of other health problems. Essentially, what this does is regenerate the cells that have become dead or damaged, stopping hair from falling out and supporting new growth.
Folexin is completely natural. This means it is free from fillers, additives, and chemicals. Instead, it focuses on getting to the root of the problem. The product also contains a number of other ingredients. These have all been designed to work in synergy with the two key ingredients and make the product overall more bioavailable. The ingredients contain all the essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that the hair needs to build its strength. These include vitamins A, B1, B5, B6, B12, C, D3, and E, as well as magnesium oxide, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide, potassium gluconate, manganese chelate, and ferrous fumarate.
Does It Work?
The big question, naturally, is whether or not the product works. One of the things that stand out is that there are no outlandish claims to be found on the website or in any of the product’s descriptions. Rather, there is an honest description of the fact that people will experience mixed results, and that this will depend on when they started to use it, how bad their hair loss is, and the cause of the hair loss. For instance, someone who has lost his hair because of chemotherapy should not hope that Folexin will help him regrow his hair. That said, people who suffer from alopecia may benefit from it, because the product slows down cell death in the follicles, while encouraging regrowth at the same time.
The way in which it works is mainly by ensuring that the body has sufficient biotin again. Biotin is vital to make sure that nutrients become energy, and energy is needed to grow new and healthy skin, nails, and hair. In the past, it was very rare for people to have biotin deficiencies, which is why so many older people in past generations lived their lives without every losing their hair. But today, our diets are poor and our environment is polluted, which means that many of us have significant biotin deficiencies.
The Science Behind Folexin
Folexin was created to restore healthy levels of biotin in the body, supporting new hair growth. This is based on a number of scientific studies, including:
- A study in 2015 that looked at receding hairlines in women. Two groups were created, in which half of all women were given two tablets of biotin per day for 90 days, while the other group took a placebo. By the end, it was noticed that the women who took biotin had noticed statistically significant growth of their hair, as well as regrowth in balding areas.
- A study in 2012, which also showed that those who took biotin supplements had greater hair growth and regrowth than those who didn’t.
Of interest is also the fact that Folexin increases levels of folic acid as well, which is vital to overall health. The link between deficiencies in folic acid and hair loss has been well established. The body needs folic acid in order to make new red blood cells. Hence, if there is a deficiency, the hair follicles will not be able to get sufficient oxygen either. When this happens, they are no longer able to produce ATP, which is needed to grow new cells. Additionally, if a person has too little ATP, he usually overproduce testosterone instead. The link between testosterone and hair loss is understood, albeit complex as well. According to the National Institute of Health, some 50 million men and 30 million women in this country suffer from androgenic alopecia, which is health loss caused by heightened testosterone levels.
What I Liked About Folexin
- It is easy to use and doesn’t require surgery or injections.
- It is a professional treatment backed by real science.
- It works very quickly, with some people noticing the difference in days.
- It makes your hair lush and thick.
- Because it is a supplement, you don’t have to worry about scalp irritation.
- It is made up of 100% natural ingredients.
- It is safe to use, with no reported side effects.
What I Didn’t Like About Folexin
- It is designed for those in the early stages of hair loss. Later stages will not notice much difference.
- It works even better when used in conjunction with other products, but that makes the product more expensive.
- It is hard to find information on the manufacturer of the product.
The Final Verdict
Folexin will not give you a lush head of hair overnight if you are currently bald. However, it will help you to significantly slow down your hair loss, regardless of the cause of that hair loss. It does so in a completely natural way and, uniquely, it works on the inside: rather than being a scalp treatment, it is an oral supplement. Since there are also no reported negative side effects associated with this product, it is 100% recommended.
About the Author:
After earning her Master’s in Nutritional Science from Cornell University, Vanna Darrow joined the content research team at HealthyMe123. She is excited to share her knowledge of nutrition, health, and fitness in order to encourage a healthier lifestyle for everyone.