Men are becoming more and more aware of the role testosterone plays in their health. As they begin to educate themselves on the subject, they start to complain to their doctors about feeling fatigued, depressed, and weaker or with lower libido. These are all signs of a drop in testosterone levels.
The most common cause of this problem is aging, but you can also see symptoms in young men due to hormonal disorders, infection, obesity, HIV/AIDS, Type 2 diabetes, some medical treatments, liver or kidney disease, and so on.
Fortunately, there are many ways to stabilize the testosterone level. Some men go for prescription meds, while others try to find the best supplements for their needs.
Nugenix is such a supplement that’s said to help men boost their testosterone levels and restore their overall health and confidence.
Here’s what you need to know about it to see if it’s the right product for you.
What Is Nugenix?
Nugenix is a dietary supplement made of natural ingredients that supposedly help your body bring free testosterone to healthy levels, boosting the libido and sex drive. More than that, since it increases the blood flow to your muscles, Nugenix can also help you improve your performance and endurance during your workouts.
Nugenix claims to be the #1 selling men’s vitality product at GNC, receiving GNC’s 2013 Innovation Award.
All you have to do to feel younger and more vibrant is to take three capsules of Nugenix, at the same time, on an empty stomach. On non-workout days is recommended to take them in the morning, while on workout days, you should take the pills 30-45 minutes before exercising. Depending on the formula, the maximum dosage is 5-6 capsules.
What Is Free Testosterone?
Shortly put, testosterone is the hormone that makes a man, a man – the chest hair, the deepened voice, the strong muscles and bones, the size of the penis, the libido.
There are two different types of testosterone: bound, which has no real benefit and free, which is responsible for your manly traits.
How Does Nugenix Work?
Nugenix is made of natural ingredients like vitamins B6, B12, E and D, along with minerals like Zinc, Magnesium, and Selenium, and different plants and plant extracts such as Testofen, Maca Root, Tribulus Terrestris or Phytopin.
f you study the list of ingredients, you’ll notice the dosage of “proprietary blend” instead of individual dosages. This is the manufacturer’s way to protect his product against anyone who wants to copy it. As long as you buy the supplement from a reputable source, you shouldn’t worry about it.
Nugenix comes in six different formulas, each with its benefits for your health, physical and sexual performance.
- Free Testosterone Booster: Testofen, the trademark name for fenugreek, is the main active ingredient that helps increase your free testosterone level.
- Prostate Health Support: This blend increases urinary flow and controls urinary frequency.
- PM-ZMA: This formula supports proper sleep, muscle strength, and testosterone levels.
- Ultimate: This mix is recommended for men with a very active lifestyle and workout regimen since it can help increase muscle growth, and modulate the anabolic activity.
- Estro-Regulator: Its key ingredient, Diindolylmethane (DIM) inhibits the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, maximizing the results when used with Free Testosterone Booster.
- Multivitamin: This formula was created to provide a solid foundation and enhance the effects of the other Nugenix products. It contains 19 vitamins and minerals that help in keeping healthy levels of free testosterone, balancing cortisol, and increasing blood flow and physical response.
Is Nugenix Clinically Proven?
No researches were made to prove the effectiveness of Nugenix. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean it doesn’t work, considering the benefits each component has on a man’s health.
Testofen is one of the ingredients that can be found in a few Nugenix products. Three pieces of research associated with it show the subjects have felt better and even had higher sex drive and energy, but there’s no clinical evidence as to whether the testosterone levels have increased or not. Nevertheless, Testofen is used in a wide variety of testosterone boosters.
- Tribulus Terrestris was shown to improve libido and testosterone levels only in men with erectile dysfunction.
- L-Citrulline Malate is well studied amino acid that our bodies produce naturally. It increases blood flow, thus leading to strong erections. However, the results are short lived, which is why you should use the product regularly.
- Vitamins and minerals are already proven to be beneficial for one’s health, supporting bodily functions.
- Zinc is linked with low levels of testosterone in those who are deficient, while Magnesium and Vitamin B6 aid its absorption.
All in all, there are no clear studies on any of these ingredients directly affecting testosterone levels, but there’s enough evidence to state that they do have many health benefits on a man’s body, especially on one with testosterone or sexual function issues.
Keep in mind that Nugenix is not a drug that treats erectile dysfunction, but it does increase the blood flow, thus leading to an improved sex life.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The manufacturer states there are no side effects of using Nugenix. There are, however, some potential issues it could cause if the ingredients are considered individually.
L-Citrulline can lead to low blood pressure. Testofen may interact with blood thinning medication and is also associated with low blood sugar levels.
Just to be sure you’re safe, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss taking them, especially if you have any medical conditions.
How Much Does It Cost?
Depending on the formula, a bottle of 30 capsules of Nugenix costs between $34.99 and $89.99.
The company also offers a 14-day trial for $4.99 (the shipping fee) for which you’ll receive a 30-day supply of Nugenix. You’ll automatically get billed for the full price of the product and be included in their auto-ship if you fail to cancel before 18 days have passed since receiving your order.
You can get complete refunds regardless of your reason if you contact their customer support within 30 days the product has been shipped to you.
Nugenix was designed to work naturally with your body to increase its performance both physically and sexually. Combined with sufficient sleep, a healthy diet and a lot of exercises, you should see improvements in your health, including in your free testosterone level. In return, that should stave off the effects of aging on your organism.